Sunday 24 January 2010

MIHARA YASUHIRO AW10 SHOW

At noon japanese designer Mihara Yasuhiro showed his aw10/11 collection " Be Attitude". I had been looking forward to this as I have been interested in his collections for a while.
It was a big venue and it was packed...
The show started with the japanese violinist Ryo Goto that appeared against the lit white backdrop. He played what I would called experimental violin ( and I know absolutely nothing about playing the violin ) all through the show only half way accompanied by and old crackly version of " Mister Sandman" as a few eerie black outfits appeared before the music and show fell back into the original vibe again...
A long show... I counted about 35 entries.
The show had a feel of 1950's americana but in a quite sophisticated way - cleverly mixed with lots of tailoring. The rugged details were amazing ( and immaculate in a way that only a japanese designer can deliver them) and I really loved the very a/w feel of the show.
I had a good view so I snapped lots of pictures...














No comments: